Recommendation: Black Panther: World of Wakanda by Roxanne Gay and Ta-Nehisi Coates

I absolutely love Roxanne Gay's writing, and this book was no exception. The writers are all so witty and brilliant; the interactions between Ayo and Aneka were so powerful. The art work really took me to the World of Wakanda, and I enjoyed getting the female perspective on Black Panther events. I was sorry to hear that the series got cancelled and am convince that it would have kept going had it been released about now. This book definitely is full of feminist power, and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good love story, empowered female protagonists, and futuristic societies. In particular, I think the idea of having the king's main army comprised of female soldiers is bold and amazing. I also love how this universe has prominent scientists and leaders who are females. It truly is a society that portrays a better future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asking For It by Louise O'Neill and a Mother/Daughter Trip to Dublin, Ireland

Recommendation: Ms. Marvel, Volume 8: Mecca by G. Willow Wilson