Recommendation: Ms. Marvel, Volume 8: Mecca by G. Willow Wilson

Issues 19-23 were amazing and very timely during this political climate. They boldly touched upon issues regarding immigration, race, and not making assumptions about people. There are excerpts that I want to bring into classroom settings. I thought the momentum slowed down a little bit toward the end of the Volume, but overall, I really enjoyed this collection. I have mixed feelings about the arrival of Red Dagger, but hopefully, the writers will use his character as a way to bring in some gender social commentary. I hope to see more glimpses of Bruno's life in Wakanda, as he's always been one of my favorite characters. If you know of a spin-off series that he becomes a part of, I'd love to hear about it. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asking For It by Louise O'Neill and a Mother/Daughter Trip to Dublin, Ireland